incorporating Scyron Limited Software House
I.T. / Sales Support Engineer
October 2010 – April 2014
After Scyon was placed into administration, offeres were tendered to purchase the business as a going concern. Centerprise International made a successful offer and acquired Scyron in total. The senior management team was made redundant and the key design and support team remained.
I was responsible for Scyron’s customer sales and marketing support, researching and advising on marketing campaigns which includes strategic delivery and results for key strategic initiatives.
- Managed an external web development team to redesign our corporate & micro site and provided all copy following a full review of existing content which included Search Engine Optimisation.
- Created & maintained the company’s blog, Twitter feed, Facebook pages & LinkedIn
- Performed monthly reviews of google analytics information to gauge effectiveness of our newly created
- Designed and project managed a corporate exhibition stand used at HOSDB, Security and Policing and the Anti- Terrorism Technical Support Unit exhibition for the last 4
- Designed all marketing material (flyers, promotional merchandise, product directory etc.) including exhibition stand layout, design and technical
- Advised the software development team of client feedback for features, updates and improvements to the company’s software
- Conducted & developed hardware and software testing solutions and had authority for final signoff prior to going
- Created all documentation including user manuals and training guides including writing, designing and presenting. This also included ISO documentation.
- Managed customer relationships including support, training, pre and post sales
- Carried out effective research and intelligence into competitor products and other
- Managed daily activities with PR and actively sought appropriate PR
- Developed partnerships and relationships with third parties including resellers and distributors. Identifying key marketing
- Monitored and reporting to senior managers on the effectiveness of strategies/campaigns.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line IT Support
- Customer installations and roll out
- Internal IT Support, Backups, Disaster Recovery
- Technical Support – Windows / SQL Server
- Windows Server Administration
- Exhibition Stand Design
- Writing & Development of software manuals
- Software licence management
- Executed successful website marketing
- Attended exhibitions in the role of technical support, pre-sales and
- Developed web solutions using CMS Joomla, WordPress and Wix (HTML5).
- Developed skills and experience with PHP and CSS including diagnosis and updates
- Delivered training courses at train-the-trainer level, but able to adapt course materials to meet target
- Developed web site solution designs from concept to finished
- Translated technical documentation into customer friendly readable
- Rewrote hard to understand technical concept documentation into customer friendly readable copy targeted at the market
- Provided a fast turnaround of working website design concepts for customers and potential customers to assist in providing sales