February 2005 – July 2007
Open GI is one of the leading technology partners to general insurance brokers in the UK and Irish markets.
It is part of the Open International Group, a highly successful and growing organisation with a strong track record of innovation that stretches right the way back to 1979.
- Design and Implementation of Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Virtual Private Network, Firewall, Antivirus, AntiSpyware
- Technical Site Survey, Pre-sales, Technical Support, Consultancy
- Disaster Recovery Design & Implementation of Windows 2000 / 2003 / Small Business Server / Terminal Server
- Staff & Customer Training / Technical Documentation
- Consultancy for network / hardware upgrades and additional site installations for existing customers
- Provision of quality documentation on delivered solutions
- Responsible for planning and delivery to completion on-site installations
- Evaluation of solutions and new technologies
- Resolution of support issues either via Remote Diagnosis or as on-site assistance to support staff
- Pro-active towards learning new technical / non-technical skills
- Experience in implementing/configuring solutions with Windows 2000 / 2003 / Small Business Server / XP
- TCP/IP networking experience (DNS, DHCP, Routing)
- VPN Configuration & Implementation
- Disaster Recovery of Windows & Linux Systems
- Server Migration (Using Ghost and Swing-it Technique)
- Training customers and collegues
During my time at OpenGI (previously known as Misys Financial Services) I started my role working on the helpdesk as a first line support engineer. I used this time to learn the companies solutions and get familiar with the clients.
I quickly progressed onto 3rd line support and then to pre-sales site visits conducting surveys. Once the contract had been signed off, I returned to implement the solution which ranged from upgrades to full installations.
In addition to my role, I also trained new employees in our department, conducted research and development on our new MLS solution and trained the good inwards staff to pre-install hardware such as Windows and Linux servers prior to engineer configuration.
I also completed a number of projects using my disaster recover knowlege where I recovered a number of clients email and windows servers.
I also delivered a project where I created a routine to deploy our windows applications to over 100 client workstations in 1 night all on my own.