Universal Micro Systems Ltd
December 1995 – September 1998
Universal Micro Systems developed the BOS operating system Bill of Materials solutions for businesses in the UK. My role included providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line customer support for all our UK customers which involved some field service engineer work. Coming from an existing customer (Broadheath Foods) enabled me to quickly adapt to this role using my experience gained as a customer using the solutions UMS provided.
Building on the BOS solution UMS supplied to their customers, I developed additional skills in upgrading clients from BNC and serial networks to Cat5 networks alongside the implementation of new networks solutions such as Novell and Microsoft server and workstation solutions.
- Installation / Set-up / Configuration of Multi Users Systems
- Netware 4.11 / Win95 / Win NT Server & Workstation (LAN and WAN)
- Protocol Installations ( TCP/IP, NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, Token Ring )
- Networks, Routers, Hubs, Switches, ISDN, Print Servers, PrinterFace
- Machine Build Experience, Hardware Engineer
- Support / Consultation / Installation – for over 1500 clients in UK
- Netware 4.11
- Windows Server
- Windows Workstation